Saturday, April 21, 2018

Inspired by a White Cat


There are so many reasons to love Saturdays and one of them is the weekly Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Stacy is our hostess this week and she chose the Smithsonian Institute for IC646.  This cool site has a "Collections" category which is super fun to browse. They even have a CAT collection!  Oh, my!!!   I was smitten by a white cat painted by Gertrude Abercrombie, my search for inspiration was over.  


For my card, I sponged Memento Nautical blue for the floor angling a piece of paper as a mask to indicate where the floor and wall meet.  With a much lighter touch, I sponged the same color ink as the floor on a piece of cardstock, then die cut a door and a piece for the wainscoting.  The blue door ended up looking a little flat so I highlighted the door and the wainscoting with Inktense Watercolor Pencils.  The kitty is a die cut and I added a bit of shadow behind her with Copics.

I believe the inside will say "Sitting Here Thinking Of You" but I am waiting to decide who I will send this to before I stamp a greeting.

I hope you will hop over to Splitcoaststampers and join us for daily challenges!

4 comments:

  1. Love the shadow behind the kitty. It really adds depths and dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute and a great job with that inspiration picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card Angie it really looks three dimensional - well done
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Angie, this is fabulous! You've nailed the inspiration, and your colors and shading are absolutely perfect! Beautifully done, sweet friend, and I know you always LOVE making a card with a cat!! Hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Pop the Bubbly for IO Team Favorites

 "Pop the Bubbly" is a fun sentiment and included in the Wine Sayings stamp set .  This is a sweet set for celebrations regardless...