Thursday, March 1, 2018

Rolling Through the Holidays

It's the first of the month and that means a new Fan Club Christmas Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers!


I fell in love with Love Bug Christmas kit from Unity Stamp Co. as soon as I saw it!  It reminded me of a crazy childhood Christmas memory.  We lived in Montana and my dad decided that we would go out and cut down a Christmas tree and bring it home on top of our VW Bug.  My dad, the original Clark Griswold (bad luck and all).  My mother assures me that this wasn't as dumb an idea as you might think.  She tells us that the VW Bug could go anywhere in any kind of weather.  It wasn't the least bit afraid of snowy roads.  Unfortunately, snow banks were a different story. Somehow my dad backed into a huge one.  It was a bit dicey for a bit.  It grew dark and not a soul in sight.  This was in the olden days you know, before cell phones.  Eventually, my dad placed a treasured baby blanket underneath the tires for traction and managed to get us out.  If you were wondering...nope we never did bring home a tree instead, my sister and I have an adventure we won't ever forget and I collect VW Bug images with trees on top!  :)

Thanks for stopping by!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great card. Great story. LIFE its what makes us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Angie, what a fun story (now), and I know about VW bugs and how they don't do well in deep snow but had great traction back in the day (when I had a 1965 green one). Loved that car! But what a dear memory, and I love that you collect images like this one. What a beautiful card with wonderful coloring and a great layout! And that plaid/tartan is fabulous!! Warm hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Pop the Bubbly for IO Team Favorites

 "Pop the Bubbly" is a fun sentiment and included in the Wine Sayings stamp set .  This is a sweet set for celebrations regardless...