Friday, September 22, 2017

Why not Pink?


Happy Weekend!  I was browsing blogs yesterday and stopped by Brian King's blog.  He has the prettiest card featuring a fun sketch so I thought I would play along with the challenge...........and then things went awry.  Once I was in the photo editing process I realized I didn't care for the card.  I loved the sketch, loved the sentiment but somehow something didn't look right.  My daughter confirmed my suspicion, it was ugly!  Rescuing the sentiment and pink layering, I started again.  Since I rescued the sentiment which was framed in pink, I decided why not add more pink layering!  Apparently, some of Brian King's beautiful work stuck with me as I surrounded my sweet sentiment with pink!  For the background, I chose paper similar to Beverly's paper strips on THIS card.
  Beverly aka ruby-heartedmom  is this week's FS555 at Splitcoaststampers.

Today's design features the fabulous sentiment aptly titled New Leaf by The Project Bin.  I love that there is a second leaf included in the set which adds dozens of design possibilities! 


I hope you have a great weekend and maybe even try turning over a new leaf, you never know what you mind find!


2 comments:

  1. very pretty card Angie! Love the pretty patterned paper along with the little leaves! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie - it turned out very pretty even if it wasn't quite where you started!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Pop the Bubbly for IO Team Favorites

 "Pop the Bubbly" is a fun sentiment and included in the Wine Sayings stamp set .  This is a sweet set for celebrations regardless...