Friday, June 5, 2015

Let's Hear if for the Boys!

Happy Friday!

Today we are taking a little time out to celebrate the special guys in our lives.  

  As I have mentioned in past posts my husband is an avid backpacker.  Before our kids were born we had grand adventures backpacking! I simply loved the hikes.  There's something  wonderfully peaceful about being out in the wilderness---during.the.day.  I am  a big chicken when it gets dark!  It's just plain scary.  
  
 Since my special guy loves the wilderness I colored and fussy cut the campfire from "Camping Fun Clear Stamp Set" but then I hit a few snags.  After trying several things that didn't make me smile, inspiration struck and I chuckled out loud.  

 I paired the soothing sentiment, "relax and enjoy" with some spooky googly eyes reflecting in the flames!  
   

I hope you enjoyed my walk on the silly side!  Now make sure you visit the rest of my teammates as they share their tributes to the special guys in their life. 




13 comments:

  1. Angie, this is a brilliant idea. Stamper's Block - whatever! I LOVE the googly eyes!! So cute~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun - but unless I knew there were people with me I would be pretty darn scared!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly executed CAS card Angela! Those googly eyes, how clever is that?! LOVE all of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should have "Stampers Block" more often if this is the result, Angie! This is just too cute…and a little spooky! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Angie, this is absolutely sweet, and I love the little eyes in the dark!! Hehe! He will definitely get that and chuckle! Sweetness! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This made me chuckle out loud, Angela! Oh, wow, your husband is going to love this to pieces, especially knowing that you are not a happy camper around a campfire at night!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you had me LOL at this super cute card, Angie!!!! How fun is this and what a brilliant idea to add the spooky eyes!!!! So nice when that great idea hits you and you know you've got a winner, hey!!!!! A super CAS card, my friend - LOVE it!!!!!
    Have a lovely weekend!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable card! what a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my this is hilarious! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool card Angie. Love the camp fire with the black background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card cracked me up. You rocked this one! Woot! I like the concept of camping and hiking but the reality is that is an awfully lot of outdoors to deal with.

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Pop the Bubbly for IO Team Favorites

 "Pop the Bubbly" is a fun sentiment and included in the Wine Sayings stamp set .  This is a sweet set for celebrations regardless...