Saturday, July 19, 2014

Speedy Fox & Friends - Block Stamping


Happy Summer Saturday everyone!  What a beautiful Saturday it is, too!  We have had a great summer with several highlights to remember and one of them is that I had the incredible privilege of meeting MariLynn DeGroot of Mississippi McGyver!!!  I'll tell you all about our visit and share her gifties at the end of this post.  For now let's chat a bit about Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge. 

Our challenge this week is to use an acrylic block to stamp our backgrounds.  Just ink up the acrylic block, spritz with water and stamp on CS.  The Silhouette Pear from Pretty Pears set worked really well with this technique as the background shows through the negatives!



 I created this when Kimberly was here and she was so intrigued she made one too!  I wish I had a photo of hers.

*******
Is there anything more fun than making friends online and then getting to meet them??!!!  I have been admiring MariLynn's work since the first time I saw it while on my first ever blog hop which just happened to be for Mark's Finest Papers!  Who knew that three years later I would be working along with her at MFP AND we would actually get to meet!

As we started to get to know each other we learned that we have a lot in common, one of which is that she lived here about 20 years ago and we even attended the same church although our paths didn't cross!
  MariLynn and family are back here for a quick visit and we met up at CFA today!!!  What a sweet spirit!  I kind of guessed that she was precious from her blogs and FB chats but to meet IRL, Oh My!!!  What a treasure she is!  I was able to meet two of her children as well, so sweet!!!!!

Can two stampers meet without sharing some goodies, I don't think so!!!!  My gift to MariLynn will be shown here in September but I get to share with you what MariLynn gave me!!!   


(I think she did better for me than I did for her actually!)  
I saw the card in her SCS gallery and drooled over it, I never imagined I would have the pleasure of seeing it in IRL!  She also made me this adorable box in PINK!  Sweet!
LOOK at all the rolled flowers she filled the box with!  OMW The amount of time that must have taken!  I am going to have a struggle with myself not to hoard them!


11 comments:

  1. Love how your bg turned out and how you used it ............Lis

    ReplyDelete
  2. That technique has produced a great background to use with the pears. Really pretty. Thrilled that you and Marilynn got to meet - a what a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this technique and your card is spectacular. It is a CAS masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the technique you used, i have never thought to do that. it could make some very interesting backgrounds. I will have to try it. thanks.

    of how fun to meet a fellow stamper, always. love her little rolled flowers for you and that image on the box looks like it could be a PPRS image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, you did great with this technique!!! I never really thought of spritzing the ink! That was brilliant my friend! (BTW, I finished my post...I forgot it wasn't finished yet...ratz!)
    Love your card my dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So awesome! Can't wait to meet you both IRL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your background turned out so well. Gorgeous card. Got to say. Love the cow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so amazing. I love the results you got from the block stamping technique. The colors are really pretty, too. What fun to meet an online friend. So far, I have met about 11. I love it.
    I also love that card of Marilynn's and those flowers are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bg looks stunning, Angie and that stamps is absolutely perfect to highlight the bg!!! I love all the black and white on the card and the fact that you have kept it CAS. Lovely!!!

    I can just imagine what great fun you and MariLynn had!!! ..and such sweet little rolled roses and a beautiful card she made for you!!! Lovely photo of the two of you (and I, too, love the cow!!!)

    Have a super Saturday - nearly bedtime here!!

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angie,
    Your background and your card are gorgeous - wow. What fun to have met MariLynn - your picture together is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun to have met each other and what a beautiful stash she gave you. You're a lucky girl. I'm sure your gift to MariLynn will be just as wonderful. I'm glad you shared this wonderful photo. And, to think you went to the same church and never met.

    Your card is gorgeous. I went over to SCS to comment on it and found out about the photo on your blog and headed here. I love the background. That is one of my favorite techniques and how wonderful it showed through the pear negatives.

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Pop the Bubbly for IO Team Favorites

 "Pop the Bubbly" is a fun sentiment and included in the Wine Sayings stamp set .  This is a sweet set for celebrations regardless...