Saturday, April 5, 2014

Speedy Fox & Friends 206 - Vellum


Happy Saturday!  This week at  Speedy Fox & Friends we are using vellum on our projects!

  I prefer to make sympathy cards as I need them with thoughts and prayers uniquely for the recipient.  It was with heavy heart that I sat down to work on this card as a dear friend's father recently passed away.

I chose "MME Moments" paper for my background and went with "Nightshade Blue" layers to enhance the yellow flower DP.  I love the elegance of  heat embossed vellum butterflies so I used the butterfly from "Today Tomorrow and Always".  The sentiments on both outside and inside are from Marsh Silhouettes .  


Inside:

Thanks for looking and enjoy your weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Lovely - I am sure it will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like this design Angie. Very thoughtful and supportive.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful, both inside & out Angie! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very beautiful card and I like the inside, too. Sorry about your friends dad. She/he will love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sorry for your sorrow. your butterfly is so appropriate as it says resurrection to a new life. vellum is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how pretty Angie!! Love the vellum butterfly, it is the sign of renewal and perfect for your dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card that really makes an impact! I think vellum is making a comeback of sorts. You butterfly is so delicate and sweet, vellum suits him well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angie,
    Wow - very pretty inside and outside!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Angie! Love the beautiful butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The butterfly is gorgeous Lovely card..........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so lovely! Great papers, colors, images - wow! Such great work my friend. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, this is beautiful, Angie!! Love all the layering and your choice of patterned paper. The butterfly is stunning and I love the inside, too!! Lovely card!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Pop the Bubbly for IO Team Favorites

 "Pop the Bubbly" is a fun sentiment and included in the Wine Sayings stamp set .  This is a sweet set for celebrations regardless...