Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April "Blogging with Friends" - Spring Snows

Hi!  It's the last day of the month and that means it's time to blog with a few of my favorite friends!  Our challenge this month comes from Lee at "My Reality is all Good" .   Lee loves the snow and so her challenge to us is "Spring Snows".

Where we live, spring snow is just about nonexistent but March of '93 we experienced  Spring SNOW!  My husband and I had gone on a backpacking trip earlier in the week and gotten sun burned but the weekend brought what was dubbed as "The Storm of the Century".  I worked 7pm to 7am admittance desk at the hospital and I would step outside all night long to watch the snow.  Having lived in the south since I was twelve that was the most snow I have experienced since childhood.   It  was a weekend to remember!  Thanks Lee, for the fun challenge and a little trip down memory lane!!

Since I am not any good at doodling, I quickly gave up the idea of taking a spring-like stamp and adding snow but then I came upon the idea of a birdhouse surrounded by spring flowers AND snow!



Shhhhh! Don't tell Lee, but I am so far behind with my Christmas Card Challenge that I think I am going to add this one to my April CCC and mail it out in December!!!

Thanks so much for looking!!!



Supplies Used:  Paper: SU!  Crumb Cake, MME 12 days of Christmas.  Acces: MFT Die-namics Homespun Birdhouse,  Snowflake Punch, Sizzix Branch with Leaves MS 3-In-1 Hydrangea punch, glittered gems.


13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Angie!!! Love how you added a few snowflakes to the flowers, they work perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this would be a perfect Christmas card. I haven't even thought Christmas yet. I did joking a kit swap so when that comes in July maybe ill feel motivated. I love that vine, is that a die?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very cute card, Angie. I love all the die cuts and yes it would make a very nice christmas card

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I LOVE how this turned out! This is just a darlin' die cut scene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this scene you created! So sweet and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie this is just FANtastic!!! I love the snowy and floral birdhouse...that is totally a Spring Snow...and I think it's darn cute as a Christmas card too! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this pretty birdhouse. Great colors too. Thanks for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable, Angie. I love your birdhouse in this snow scene. I don't remember but we may have gotten some of that big snow in '93, too. We sure didn't have a good snow this year...mostly flurries.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card Angie! Love the sweet die cut birdhouse and all the snowflakes! Makes me think of Spring in Buffalo, NY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow ... this is fantastic ... love your wintery bird house ... so glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. not only do i think this is a BRILLIANT take on "spring snow" it's an amazing xmas (or ANY OTHER type of card, for that matter!!!) sooooo very lovely, and both christmassy AND spring like at the same time! how awesome is that?! so pleased you could "fly home for xmas" with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Angie your card was amazing and oh so cute. I wish I would have done my card but I just ran out of time and then just couldn't come up with anything. I hope to do the next one.

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Pop the Bubbly for IO Team Favorites

 "Pop the Bubbly" is a fun sentiment and included in the Wine Sayings stamp set .  This is a sweet set for celebrations regardless...