Monday, March 18, 2013

Mark's Finest Paper & Stamps a HC - March Special Features

Hi! Welcome to Release week at Mark's Finest Papers & Stamps a HC!  I will be here all week sharing the new stamp sets for March!  Today we are featuring  "News From the Woods" and the mini set "Corn Ears".  Hope to see you back here for the blog hop that starts tomorrow!


I made the first two cards with my kids in mind.  They just took end of 9 weeks exams so on report card day I plan to give them each a card regardless of their grades to let them know I am proud of them!!!

This one is for my Son.

When I asked my daughter what colors she liked she said, "neon orange and green and remember I don't like girly stuff.  Well, I don't think this is overly girly but it's not exactly neon colors either!    




The second set to showcase today is "News From the Woods".  I decided to create little matchbook type cards with a coloring sheet inside.


Opened: I stamped the owl and bear from the set and added ivy from the "Ivy and Blossoms" set.

The sheets are not attached so that the recipient can pull them out and color them! (I have a couple of  girls in mind for these)

On the backside of the sheets I added sticky photo squares and left the backing on.  This way the recipient can attach them like a sticker if she wants to.  (I don't have a sticker machine but this will work just fine!)
Thanks for looking and have a great week!

Supplies for A-maize-ing cards: Paper MME: Lost & Found 2 Rosy, Creative Imaginations Orchard Harvest.  Acces: Spellbinders Lacey Circles, Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Circles, Die-Namics: Star Stax, Fishtail Flags

Supplies used for Woodsy Matchbooks: Stamps: MFP a HC - News from the Woods and Ivy and Blossoms.  Paper: EP For the Record 2. Acces: Fiskars circle punch, Die-namics Fishtail Flags and Star Stax, Marvey label punch, Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug EF, Spare Parts  Flower Brads.

8 comments:

  1. Angie your amazing cards are terrific and I know your girls will appreciate them. the coloring box matchbooks are fabulous!
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie you did such a great job showcasing the new sets. I like the stars with the corn. I also like how you used the black circle to put your animals on so they look like they are sitting in a tree hole looking out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work with the new sets. Love them all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie,
    Oh so cute! The animals look awesome on the black punched hole - gives them great visibility in the trees. And, your cards for the girls are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love what you have done! I don't think the card destined for your daughter is overly girly...it just looks different than the one for you son. I like the idea of the stamped insert for someone to color. I know that my daughter would love that! She raids my scraps and makes the most creative "cards"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, we did use the same embossing folder with the corn, and almost the same colours! Too funny! I like that you added the stars though, and the rest of your cards are great too. I love the patterns on the second card, and I really love the animal cards. So cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Pop the Bubbly for IO Team Favorites

 "Pop the Bubbly" is a fun sentiment and included in the Wine Sayings stamp set .  This is a sweet set for celebrations regardless...