Saturday, February 2, 2013

Speedy Fox & Friends 145 - Paper Piecing

Happy Weekend!!!  I hope you are safe and snugly on this first weekend in February!  What a wild week of weather for some of us in the U.S. this week.  We had a tornado warning earlier in the week just as I was dropping kids off to school.  My daughter told me she was very afraid along with her fellow students.  They were all squeezed together along the hall as far from windows and things that could fall on them as possible.  The day that followed was COLD but beautiful and things are back to normal here.

So it's Saturday and that means Speedy Fox & Friends challenge!  Our challenge this week is to paper piece.  I love paper piecing.  I usually stamp several different patterns of DP, then cut and glue them to the full stamped image but today, I used all the same DP to create a layered Rose.

I drew inspiration from this week's  SCS color challenge and sketch challenge.

Stamp set used:
Love, Love, Love
Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!
Challenges I am entering:
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
 One Stop Craft challenge - anything goes

Supplies used: Stamp: MFP a HC - Love, Love, Love.  Paper: MFP a Heinrich Co. 140lb Premium White, MME Indie Chic "citron", SU! Play Date.  Acces: Charm from Explorer by Traditions, Fiskars scallop border punch, MFT Fishtail Flags,  Spellbinders - Fleur De Lis Rectangles, Sheer Ribbon from Hobby Lobby

14 comments:

  1. Your layered rose is gorgeous, Angie! And I'm impressed with how you used that layout. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors. LOve the banners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy your weekend! Gail Scott DT Speedy Fox and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  4. really pretty card, fab flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie--this is a lovely creation!!! The paper pieced rose is just beautiful! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous idea to paper piece the rose and then layer it. So very pretty. I loved the sketch challenge this week, a great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Angie, what a beautiful card and that rose is so pretty! You had a great idea in piecing this image - and I will definitely add this to my "must try" list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how pretty this is. i have never thought to paper piece like this. it's very dimensional. thanks angie for another new idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea to layer the rose and that vibrant blue shows it off well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the card design you used with those layered banners, and the paper pieced flower looks gorgeous! Great choice of colors too! Stay safe in those wicked storm warnings! Scary stuff for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is sooo pretty! Beautiful rose. Love that you layered it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Angie! Love the dimensional rose!

    ReplyDelete
  13. sure sure make my paper pieced rose look simple. haha J/k. I do looovvvee the card though. They layout is awesome and I love how you popped the rose. I might have to do that. Great card friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card.

    Thanks for joining us at OSCC this week.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Pop the Bubbly for IO Team Favorites

 "Pop the Bubbly" is a fun sentiment and included in the Wine Sayings stamp set .  This is a sweet set for celebrations regardless...