Saturday, October 20, 2012

Speedy Fox & Friends 130 - Leaves


Happy Weekend!!!  It's time for a Speedy Fox and Friends challenge so let's get to it!!!  This week's challenge is to add leaves to your project.  What an appropriate challenge for this time of year!  You can find out more information here.  I can't wait to see all the gorgeous leaves linked up!!!


This card started out entirely different!  I stamped and colored a different leaf set, I used banners, punches and cork but when the card was done....it just didn't look right so I started a brand new card and this is what I ended up with!  I had fun trying out a technique that I haven't done before.  I saw it on Splitcoaststampers called "Alchol ink watercolor background"  I "watercolored" on  vellum paper, with the inks and alcohol solution.  When the vellum was dry I stamped the leaf from  MFP a Heinrich Co. Autumn Glory with StazOn Timber Brown.  The word "FALL"  was then stamped from MFP a Heinrich Co.  Autumn Splendor . 

I placed a Lacey circle cut from DP with text on it to place behind the leaves so this will also be entered into HYCCT1214 challenge and mailed off to MD. Anderson next week.
TFL and have a great weekend!

Recipe:
Autumn Glory

Autumn Splendor
Paper: Vellum, Paper Studio Bella Bohemia
Acces: Spellbinders - Lacey Circles,  button, twine, 

8 comments:

  1. Angie--this card is so pretty! I love the soft colors you used. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, I love the colored leaves arranged on the lacy circle. It looks great and I like the way you have colored the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those leaves are so pretty! Love the soft & delicate look of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely way to use leaves on a card! I love the circle on the kraft base, and your leaves look just beautiful on this great CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Angie, so very pretty. Your technique turned out awesome - the leaves look so very real!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie, what a great techique on those beautiful Fall leaves. I don't know what the first was like but I sure like this CAS creation.

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Cheers!

Hello, this week at the Free 4 All Challenge we are adding Five Dots!   These can be enamel dots, sequins, hand-drawn, stamped, gems, pearls...