Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Alcohol Inks, The Project Bin and Tutorial Tuesday



A couple of weeks ago I created a faux copper card inspired by Lydia's Stone Cold Twisted challenge at Splitcoaststampers.  It was so much fun that I thought I would revisit the original technique with alcohol inks and silver mixative for a Christmas card!

To create this fancy Christmas ornament a special ornament die is NOT required, a simple circle die is all you need!  I used a bow die for my ornament topper but a ribbon bow would work too.  My ornament "hanger" is a balloon string die cut but again, a ribbon will do the trick or thin strip of cardstock.  For all the fine details head on over to The Project Bin Blog and check out the step-by-step instructions in the PDF file!


The elegant scripture stamp can be found in the Luke 2 stamp set by The Project Bin!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. This is very pretty. Such rich color you got out of your alcohol inks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this turned out AWESOME. AWESOME. What a beautiful way to show case that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely - really like that rich blue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie, this is gorgeous, and what an amazing ornament you've created. The color is stunning, and I really love this set. Such great sentiments and verses for Christmas. I may have to get this one. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Pop the Bubbly for IO Team Favorites

 "Pop the Bubbly" is a fun sentiment and included in the Wine Sayings stamp set .  This is a sweet set for celebrations regardless...